Wednesday, December 31, 2014

What should you do with your 2014 calendars?


Origami Stars, of course!

I got the idea for the stars from my daughter (I acquire most of my craft ideas from her, thanks Jen!). She found the instructions on the website Homemade Gifts Made Easy. I tried making them a few weeks ago from construction paper but never did get them right. Then I discovered that calendar paper is perfect for origami. It is fairly thick so it holds it's shape and doesn't tear when you are forcing folds, but not too thick that you have a hard time making sharp creases. The pages are also glossy so the folds slide into each other with little effort and they create an interesting collage of colors on the finished product. So don't throw away your old calendars. Have fun with origami!

Here is the website so you can try it for yourself:
http://www.homemade-gifts-made-easy.com/5-pointed-origami-star.html


No comments:

Post a Comment