Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Sold!

It has been quite some time since I've made a blog entry. I am sorry to those who have been reading my entries and have wondered what has been happening to me. The truth is, not much. January in Northern KY has been cold and miserable and I've rediscovered my love of cross stitching while sitting on my warm, comfy couch. I have been on a few very chilly walks, bundled up with scarves and gloves, but for the most part, I've spent my days indoors, dreaming of warmer times to come. 
Here is a selfie at the Arboretum.
I would not have survived these past four winters without my scarves.
Two more weeks and I'll be heading south!!!
I want to give a big "Thank You" to Mike Parker and his team at Huff Realty. I honestly did not think my condo would sell, at least not at a price that allowed me to walk away debt free. They were also super friendly and made the process ridiculously easy. No worries what-so-ever. Now that the condo is sold, what next, you may wonder. I'll be starting a new blog to document my next adventure. As a matter of fact, my new blog will be named "My next adventure". You can find it by going to: karenupton.blogspot.com 
I haven't posted anything yet and probably won't for a while. Spoiler alert... my next adventure is with the Peace Corps in Uganda!!! I don't leave until June so there may be a few entries leading up to the flight out, but I suspect not many.

I will be leaving the Midwest in a few weeks, staying with family in FL until my big departure for Africa. Therefore, I will be closing my Midwest Surroundings blog. Thanks to all those who visited, read my entries, and appeared in my photos. I have truly enjoyed my last four years in KY, but it's not time for me to settle down just yet. I must roll on.

No comments:

Post a Comment