Tuesday, December 16, 2014

It's been a while

I feel as though the holidays have taken over my every thought and I am guilty of neglecting my blog. It has been quite chilly in Northern KY, not very conducive to snapping pretty pictures on weekend outings. I have been out and about, just not snapping pictures (that would entail taking off my gloves since I do not have those fancy gloves that allow you to operate a touch screen, and it's been way to chilly to take off gloves!). So, instead, I will share my holiday craft project.


This is my origami advent calendar wreath made with origami disks/coasters/stars (not sure what you would actually call them). It took a few tries to get the origami folding steps correct, but after a few were done successfully, the process seemed to fall into place. I had a ball folding the papers and assembling the wreath. A little tinsel and some fake flowers and voila! Origami advent calendar wreath! Each morning I get to flip a coaster to hide the day number and reveal the pretty star behind.


I hope no one thinks the pattern resembles a swastika!!!

I certainly did not mean for that to happen. Hallmark recently had to remove a wrapping paper design from the market for the same reason. I'm sure it was not intentional on their part either, it just happens when you are creating patterns. It didn't occur to me until looking at the star from a certain angle and then hearing the news article.

Yikes, should I take down the wreath?!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment